Papertrey Ink Birthday card

I made this card for the Papertrey Ink "What do I do with this?" challenge. I love doing mixed media cards and my favorite ways of adding texture are by using texture paste through a stencil and heat embossing.

To start this card, I used Distress Oxide sprays in Prize Ribbon and Wilted Violet on watercolor paper. Then I made a stencil with the PTI Berry Basket die and put texture paste through it to create a modern looking square design. To top off the card, I heat embossed a butterfly (looking back, I wish I had chosen black cardstock for it) and also heat embossed the sentiment.

Supplies used for this project:
Papertrey Ink Berry Basket die
Papertrey Ink Butterfly Folk stamp and die
Papertrey Ink Initial Sentiments: Birthday stamp
Distress Oxide sprays in Prize Ribbon and Wilted Violet
Texture paste
Silver embossing powder

Comments