Wedding Day tag

This past Christmas, I received the Tim Holtz Intricate Lace die which has been on my wish list for a while. For my first project with this die, I followed a technique I found on the Plays Well with Paper blog.

I had trouble getting a clean cut on the die but managed to get enough to glue onto a small TH tag. I used kraft cardstock, vanilla acrylic paint and a sanding block.

I cut the heart with a Papertrey Ink die and colored it with Salvaged Patina and Speckled Egg Distress Oxide sprays. Then I stamped Ledger Script onto the heart using Distress Oxide Pumice Stone ink.

As final touches, I cut a small piece of tulle and gathered it behind the heart and placed a Prima Marketing flower and Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Small Talk sticker on top.


Materials list:
Tim Holtz Intricate Lace die
Tim Holtz Tag Collection Framelit
Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers 2-1/4" Heart die
Tim Holtz Ledger Script stamp
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk sticker
Prima Marketing paper flower
Distress Oxide sprays in Speckled Egg and Salvaged Patina
Distress Oxide ink pad in Pumice Stone
Vanilla acrylic paint
White tulle
Kraft cardstock
White cardstock


I am entering this project into the following challenge:
Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge - Out with the Old, In with the New!

Comments

  1. Oh my! You had me at just the tuft of veil, there, but pulled me in further with the heart! There's no mistaking your wedding 'gift' in this beautiful Tag: "Something Old, New, Borrowed, & Blue" and it's the perfect add to the couple's memory book, to be sure! I love using that TH Intricate Lace die and yes, it does have a tendency for the pieces to 'stick'. What helps me is making sure I run it through 4 or more times and I've even used a plain sheet of printer paper- folded in half fits perfectly between the cutting plates- as an extra shim to help make a clean cut. "Intricate" is what makes it so GOOD! Thank you for adding this wonderful Tag to our Challenge over at the Funkie Junkie Boutique!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for the die cutting tips! I have a precision chrome plate on the way as well which should help too.

      Delete
  2. So sweet! I really like the addition of tulle. Thanks for playing along with The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment