Holiday Snowflake Tag

I recently got my first Tim Holtz Impresslit (Snowflake) and I was very... impressed by it, haha. I've always loved the look of dry embossing so to have something embossed AND die cut - and at the same time - is so great! The snowflakes look really wonderful with the extra dimension from the embossing.

Once the snowflakes were cut, I lightly watercolored them with gray paint. To add some sparkle, I mixed Pearl Ex Silver with water into a mini mister and partially sprayed the snowflakes.

I decided to use the snowflakes on a small gift tag. I colored the tag layer with Distress Oxide Sprays in Speckled Egg and Evergreen Bough. Both colors combine to create a gorgeous, cool wintry look. For added interest, I used the Ledger Script stamp on top.

The final touch is a sentiment from Tim Holtz Sketch Greenery, which I heat embossed onto black cardstock.

I am entering this into the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge - Tag It.


Materials used for this project:
Tim Holtz Tag Collection Framelits
Tim Holtz Ledger Script stamp
Tim Holtz 3D Impresslits - Snowflake 
Tim Holtz Sketch Greenery stamp THMM132
Distress Oxide Sprays in Speckled Egg and Evergreen Bough
Gray watercolor paint
Silver Pearl Ex pigment
White seam binding ribbon


Comments

  1. This is so beautiful, Catherine! The colors on your tag are stunning. I really love the Snowflake Impresslit, and I'm scratching my head over why impresslits were discontinued. Love my drawer full of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wintery tag! Absolutely love the detailed snowflakes. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and wonderful! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment