Blooming Flower tag

For this project, I decided to try using Crayola white chalk through a stencil. I first tried it with a lace stencil, but while it looked good when I took the stencil off, all the chalk fell off as soon as I tilted the cardstock 😆. So I tried again with the Tim Holtz Rays stencil, but this time after removing the stencil, I sprayed some reinkers on top. Once dry, the chalk seemed to stay on pretty well (I didn't try to rub at it, though).

I really love the girl from the Ink to Paper She Blooms stamp set and decided to fussy cut her for this tag. To add a little more interest, I also die cut and watercolored some Tim Holtz Wildflowers to put next to the girl.



Materials used for this project:
Crayola white chalk
Tim Holtz Rays stencil THS003
Ink to Paper She Blooms stamp
Tim Holtz Wildflowers #1 dies
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk stickers
Tim Holtz Distress reinkers in Fossilized Amber and Wild Honey
Daniel Smith watercolors
Copic markers

I am entering this project into the following challenges:



Comments

  1. The subtle chalk stenciling makes for a great background! Great tag! I really liked your butterfly tag, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting and effective technique for the background Catherine. Your finished tag is fantastic. Thank you for joining in with the challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant and beautiful! Thanks for sharing your chalk technique with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment