Vintage Summer tag

I made this card for the new "Shimmering Summer Fun" Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge. The challenge theme made me think of summer vacations as a child, so I wanted to channel that into my project. 

Here are the steps I took to make my tag:

1. Ink smoosh a background with Distress Oxides in the colors of Earth - blue, green and brown. I chose Blue China, Cracked Pistachio and Vintage Photo. The Vintage Photo ended up dulling the other colors more than I wanted, but I pressed on.

2. Cut background using Tim Holtz Tag die.

3. Stencil sun rays to the background in yellow ink to add a more summery vibe.

4. Stamp the luggage stack from the Stamperia Lady Vagabond stamp. Ink the paper with Distress Oxide Antique Linen and then color the luggage. I originally planned to have the luggage be my focal point, so I used Distress Crayon in Antiqued Bronze along with some raw umber watercolor paint. The Distress Crayon gave the luggage a pretty shimmer (picture of shimmer below). Fussy cut the luggage (I removed one piece of luggage from the stack). Glue onto tag.

5. Stencil travel words and arrow in Distress Oxide Ground Espresso.

6. Print and fussy cut a vintage girl photo I found on Pexels.com and color her dress and shoes. I chose a bright color for her dress to really make her pop on the tag. Since the luggage was already shimmery, I decided not to make her dress shimmery. Attach to the tag using foam tape.

7. Add a Tim Holtz metal token to the tag hole and tie off with twine.

Materials used for this project:
Stamperia Lady Vagabond stamp
Tim Holtz stencil from THMM105
My Favorite Things Sunrise Radiating Rays stencil
Tim Holtz metal token
Distress Oxide ink pads - Blue China, Cracked Pistachio, Vintage Photo, Fossilized Amber, Ground Espresso
Distress Crayon in Antiqued Bronze
Watercolor paints in raw umber and quinacridone rose













I am entering this into the following challenge:

Comments

  1. Awesome tag!! That little girl is so adorable. Thanks for joining us in The Funkie Junkie boutique challenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment