Tim Holtz Tag - Always Take the Scenic Route

I made this tag as my second entry for the new "Shimmering Summer Fun" Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge. Summer means lots of sun and pretty flowers so I wanted to channel that for this project. 

I started by die cutting flowers from the Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems 1 set and coloring them with distress oxide inks.

I wanted a really bright and sunny background so I made one with Fossilized Amber and Wild Honey distress inks - what a gorgeous combo! To add interest to the background, I used a Tim Holtz Architecture stamp but didn't press down fully so that the image would come out a bit uneven.

I also created a time worn "gate" behind the flower stems by spraying Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap distress oxides onto paper, then using a die from a Tim Holtz Pattern Repeat set.

Even though I loved the bright background, I felt it overpowered my flowers so I added a smaller die cut tag from vellum to tone down the background and allow the flowers to stand out better.

Finally, I added a quote from Tim Holtz Small Talk and a bit of shimmer to my flower petals using a Nuvo Shimmer Pen. The pen ended up reactivating the distress oxide colors which I should have anticipated, but I don't mind the effect as it gives a more varied look to the petals.


Materials used for this project:
Tim Holtz Tag Collection dies
Tim Holtz Pattern Repeat dies 
Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems 1 dies
Tim Holtz Architecture stamp
Distress Ink pads - Fossilized Amber and Wild Honey
Distress Oxide sprays - Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap
Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers
Papertrey Ink Stampers Select Vellum
Nuvo Shimmer pen

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge - Shimming Summer Fun

Comments

  1. Summery background, summer wildflowers! You definitely hit the shimmery summer challenge! Beautiful Tag. Thanks for playing along at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! Your background is brilliant and reminds me of the summer sun; just what those gorgeous flowers need to bloom so brilliantly. Congratulations on being a favorite at TFJB blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And on winning the shopping spree! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment