MFT Camp Create 2021 - Wonderful Watercolor

I love the MFT Camp Create every year! It's such a great motivation for me to try new techniques or brush up on old ones. Today's card is for the Wonderful Watercolor theme. I have been doing a lot of colored pencil coloring lately, and prefer to use it over watercolor in most instances. So I challenged myself watercolor these magnolias and do it without heat embossing the lines (which makes it much easier!).

Some tiny areas were tough to paint but overall I'm pleased with how my flowers turned out. I put them on a base layer that I stamped with the Radiating Halftone background stamp in gold ink.


Materials used for this project:
MFT Magnolia Blossoms rubber stamp
MFT From the Heart stamp
MFT Radiating Halftone background stamp
Versafine Black Onyx ink
Canson XL watercolor paper
Watercolors - Daniel Smith (DS) Quinacridone Rose, DS Quinacridone Gold, DS Phthalo Green Blue Shade, DS French Ultramarine, Holbein Raw Umber, random budget brand Raw Sienna
Delicata Shimmer gold ink




Comments