Lemon Branch Watercolor Tutorial

I painted this lemon branch from an Emma Lefebvre tutorial because my very first watercolor attempt was a loose lemon tutorial that looked pretty awful, haha. I wanted to see how much I've learned over the last year. This tutorial is more of a detailed, layered project and I'm discovering that I prefer these watercolors projects to the loose ones.

I chickened out of adding the flowers and buds to my sketch until the very end. I think they could be bigger but I'm still pleased with the overall result.


Materials used for this project:
Daniel Smith watercolor paints:
    Hansa Medium Yellow
    Quinacridone Rose
    Phthalo Blue Green Shade
    Moonglow
    French Ultramarine
Other various brands of watercolor paints - black, raw umber
Fabriano Artistico cold press watercolor paper

Comments