Kids Art Journal - It's Just a Phase

My kids made these journal pages from a Let's Make Art tutorial and added a few of their own touches. First, the "moon" was made with handmade scrap paper that we tore and mixed and turned into sludge (no blender to help us out and make it faster, unfortunately!). Even though the paper came out chunkier than I would have liked, my kids had a great time and loved the end result.

They watercolored the background like in the LMA tutorial and I printed the quote out in two different fonts for my kids to choose from. My oldest is a contrarian so instead of choosing one font, she mixed both fonts together. My second often follows her older sister so she did the same.

Finally, my second child took the extra time to draw in some silver lines with drops and stars in the background using a gel pen.


Child #1 journal page


Child #2 journal page









Comments

  1. Beth and Jules, your art journal pages are absolutely gorgeous! I love that this is art and education together at it's best! The papier maché moons are awesome and I love the sentiment, perfect! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful art journal pages Beth & Jules! I love how you've made your own paper for the moons, the texture looks fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment