Kids Art Journal - I Haven't Failed

I discovered art journaling in December and have really enjoyed learning about it. I love that it's a no-stress, make-a-mess, anything-goes type of art. Even better, it's a great way to spend time with my older kids and help encourage a growth mindset.

I found a perfect quote from Thomas Edison when he was trying to invent the light bulb. I printed some pictures of Edison's sketches and patent for the light bulb and discussed the quote with my kids. Then we hand tore the paper and glued it to our Dylusions journals. The light bulb is illuminated with a yellow Faber Castell gel crayon - it's so smooth and creamy and bright!


My journal page. I covered up the torn paper with gesso, which my kids opted not to do.

Child #1's journal page.

Child #2's journal page.


Comments

  1. Fabulous art journalling Beth and Jules!! I love that this was a group learning exercise !! The lightbulbs and text are awesome!! Very well done to you both, and your Mom :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages Beth and Jules! How fun that you did it together and the text and lightbulbs work so well together. Thank you for sharing with us!!
    / Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic journal pages! I love the hint of steampunk. Well done and thanks for sharing. Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done Beth & Jules, your art journal is amazing and thank you for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pages Beth & Jules!
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment