Art Journal Page - Persuasion

The latest Frilly and Funkie Challenge is inspired by the quote "Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters." The quote immediately made me think of my favorite book, Persuasion by Jane Austen. It's a beautiful story about Anne Elliot and Captain Frederick Wentworth. At the tender age of 19, Anne reluctantly breaks her engagement to Frederick when she is persuaded to choose duty over love, and eight years later they meet again...

Here are the steps I followed to make my page:

1) Rip small pieces of Tim Holtz papers to cover the page and glue them down. Add heavy white gesso on top.

2) Add acrylic paint over the page in buff, brown and aqua.

3) Apply texture paste using Tim Holtz Clockwork stencil. I put clocks on the left and right side of the page to signify Anne's past and present.

4) Add various Distress ink sprays and Paper Artsy Infusions on the page.

5) Using the Tim Holtz Dearly Departed set, stamp script on the page and the large flower in the middle. Color the flowers, leaves and stems with Prismacolor colored pencils. The flower represents Anne's love for Frederick that remains blooming over time. I started coloring it pink but the color was not vibrant enough, so I added Dahlia Purple and Lavender.

6) Add a quote from Persuasion. This quote reflects Anne's thoughts after she meets Frederick again. Her feelings for him have remained so constant that it's as if no time has passed at all.

7) Apply finishing touches to the page.

I’m entering this into the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge.

Comments

  1. We are neighbors in the gallery at Frilly and Funkie so I wanted to drop by and say Hi Neighbor. I must say your textures and play on colors is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely journal spread! The colors are so pretty. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment