She Believed She Could... Butterfly card

I made this card for the latest Papertrey Ink Great Cover-Up challenge. I used the Bold Borders: Shine die and kept the negative pieces intact by using washi tape on the back side - this was much easier to do than I expected! I added rectangles that were made using a die from the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical set.

For my focal point, I went with a gold heat embossed butterfly on vellum. I only glued the body to the card so that the wings would be raised above the card. I thought a sentiment from the She Blooms set would be the perfect complement and heat embossed that in gold as well.

Materials used:
Papertrey Ink Bold Borders: Shine die
Papertrey Ink Butterfly Folk stamps and dies
Papertrey Ink Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical die (stitched rectangle)
Papertrey Ink She Blooms stamp
Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select vellum
Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist cardstock
Papertrey Ink Filigree gold embossing powder
White cardstock
Washi tape

Comments