Modern Happy Birthday card

The new Papertrey Ink "What Do I Do With This?" challenge asks for a card that uses a stencil to blend the background. One technique I've always wanted to try is making a stencil with a die and the Berry Basket die is a perfect candidate.

I die cut a piece of 110lb kraft cardstock and then trimmed the paper to leave only the middle squares. Even though the new stencil wasn't big enough to cover my card base, the small squares make it really easy to line up new sections.

Because squares make me think of a modern design, I decided to make a masculine birthday card. I blended the squares with Distress Oxide Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon, then added a modern-looking large stamp from Initial Sentiments: Birthday. To add a bit of extra pizzazz, I heat embossed the "Happy Birthday" in silver.

(Berry Basket die and the stencil I made from it)

(The stencil with a partially stenciled card base)

Materials used for this project:
Papertrey Ink Berry Basket die 
Papertrey Ink Initial Sentiments: Birthday stamps
Distress Oxide ink pads in Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon
Hero Arts silver heat embossing powder

Comments