"For the Queen" tag

For the current Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge, one of my ideas was to make a tag about a queen bee. Then I realized that my bee stamp is not really a "queen" bee - maybe no one else would care but it would bother me, haha. So I reimagined my tag as a bee hard at work gathering pollen for her queen.

To make the tag extra royal, I sprayed a mixture of dark blue and purple inks for the background. The flowers are made by putting texture paste through a stencil, then adding gold embossing powder on top and heat embossing for a rich, beautiful shine and texture.

The sentiment was made with my Stampin' Up Alphabet Rotary stamp and also heat embossed in gold.

Materials used for this project:
Tim Holtz Tag Collection Framelits
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Roses
Altenew Mini Delight: Bee Kind stamp and die
Stampin' Up Alphabet Rotary stamp
Jane Davenport Inkredible ink in Hydrangea
Dandelion liquid watercolor in Amethyst
Tim Holtz Distress Spray in Antique Linen
Distress Oxide inks in Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap
Ranger texture paste
Ranger gold embossing powder
Ivory seam binding ribbon

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge - I'm Feeling Like Royalty

Comments

  1. I love your thought process for this tag Catherine. The golden roses are the perfect place for that hard working bee to rest. Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge blog for this challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I honestly wouldn't have known it wasn't a queen and I love bees. Great tag though ♡

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment