Wishing You Tons of Fun

When I saw the Design Team inspiration for the new MFT Slimline Challenge, I remembered all the old gift cards we have in the kids' play room. I collected a bunch of fun gift cards when my oldest was a toddler and set her up with an empty wallet - she loved pulling the cards out of the wallet slots and trying to put them back in. It was a wonderful and inexpensive fine motor activity and her younger siblings have enjoyed it too.

One of the gift cards we have is a Target gift card in the shape of a cupcake - perfect for the MFT challenge! I decided to decorate it with stamps and dies from the Adorable Elephants and Happy Hippos sets.

For the grass and clouds, I used my regular (non-slimline) products. The clouds weren't too hard to extend to the slimline size as long as I went slowly. The grass was trickier and you can see where I made the two separate cuts, but I covered up most of it with a strategically placed bird. The front grass and elephants are popped up with foam for added dimension.


Materials used for this project:
MFT Adorable Elephants stamps and dies
MFT Happy Hippos stamps and dies
MFT Grassy Fields dies
MFT Mini Cloud Edges stencil
Distress Oxide ink pad in Tumbled Glass
Versafine Black Onyx ink pad
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Hammermill white cardstock (for the card base)
Canson Bristol Recycled paper (for the colored stamps)
Recollections green cardstocks
Copics, Polychromos (P) and Castle Arts (CA) pencils:
    Elephants - W0, W1, W3, W5, E00, Warm Grey II (P), Warm Grey V (P), Davy's Gray (CA), Flesh             (CA)
    Yellows - Y11, Y21, Y35, Y38, Marigold (CA), Cadmium Orange (CA)
    Teal present - BG15, Phthalo Green (CA), Phthalo Green Light (CA) Indigo Light (CA)
    Blue butterfly - B000, BG01, Cobalt Turquoise Green (CA), Cerulean Blue Middle (CA)
    Purple butterfly - V01, V12, Mauve Deep (CA), Mulberry (CA)

Comments

  1. Love these ellies! Awesome card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, is it bad I spotted the Target logo, lol 😂 your card is absolutely adorable and the gc is just perfect. Thanks so much for joining us in celebrating our 2nd birthday at AAA Birthday blog! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I want this kind of giant cupcake for my birthday lol! The elephants are super cute and I love this scene. Thank you for joining our birthday festivities at AAA Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment