The Biggest Cupcake EVER!

When I first saw samples of the Colorado Craft Sweet Friend Cupcake, I thought it looked amazing but required way too much coloring. But over the past month, I've been getting into colored pencils and I thought the stamp would be a great way to practice my coloring skills. Even though I knew the stamp would be big, I was still surprised when I saw it in person - it's HUGE!

For my first go with this stamp, I used a base layer of Copic makers and then refined the shading with colored pencils on top. Since the cupcake takes up most of an A2 card, I kept it simple with a kraft card base and sentiment from the same set.



Materials used for this project:
Colorado Craft Company Sweet Friend Cupcake stamp
Ranger Distress Archival Ink in Vintage Photo
Versafine Ink in Black Onyx
Tons of Copic markers and colored pencils - sorry, there were too many to keep track!
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock
Recollections Kraft cardstock

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Comments

  1. I like big images, easier to color ;-) love your cupcake it looks yummy. .Thank you for playing at AAA Birthday Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this has to be my favourite of the cards you've linked up at AAA Birthday. Thanks for joining in with our birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment