Papertrey Ink Thank You card

I made this card for one of the current Papertrey Ink challenges. The background was the result of a strange experiment where I tried to liquify my Distress Crayons. It was time consuming but yielded some interesting textures!

I've colored the bird several ways before, and I think my favorite (so far) is using Copics and a bit of colored pencils, which is what I did here. I also used a black Micron pen to draw in the eye instead of using the small die cut. For the sentiment, I stamped in Distress Oxide Frayed Burlap and then heat embossed with clear powder.


Materials used for this project:
Ink to Paper Feathered Friend #4 die 
Ink to Paper Love to Layer: Notched dies
Papertrey Ink Journaling Accessories stamp (for the dotted lines on the frame)
Papertrey Ink Think Big Favorites #1 stamp
Copic markers B23, B97, N6
Castle Arts colored pencils Marigold, Ultramarine Light, Sky Blue, Warm Gray Light
Micron 05 black pen
Distress Oxide ink pad in Frayed Burlap
Various Distress Crayons

Comments