MFT Friends with Fins

I just received the Friends with Fins stamp from MFT's amazing Blitzday sale last week and thought an ocean scene would make a fun take on the weekly MFT sketch challenge. Instead of the large balloon shape in the sketch, I hand cut a large heart from purple cardstock. To ensure the entire heart could still be seen, I chose vellum for the water. The vellum was cut with the Stitched Snow Drifts dies (using the non-stitched side) and inked with Distress Oxides.

The dolphins were colored with Copics and colored pencils. I haven't purchased the die set yet so I cut the dolphins out with my Silhouette Cameo. To add a little more interest to the card, I stamped some small fish and heat embossed them in silver.



Materials used for this project:
MFT Friends with Fins stampss
MFT Lots of Heart stencil
MFT Stitched Snow Drifts dies
Distress Oxide inks in Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch
Stampin Up ink pad in Perfect Plum
Hero Arts silver embossing powder
American Crafts textured purple cardstock
Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select vellum
Copic markers W0, W2, W5
Castle Arts colored pencils in Warm Gray Light, Davy's Gray and Charcoal Gray

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
MFT Sketch Challenge #543
MFT Color Challenge #166

Comments