Koality Friend

I made this card for the MFT Sketch and Color challenges. The orange and red in the color challenge reminded me of a beautiful Australian sunset, so I had to pull out the MFT Cuddly Koalas for my card.

I started off with a watercolor background for the sky and grass. I love using watercolors for a sky since it is a lot easier and faster to get intense colors compared to ink blending.

The koalas and tree were colored with Copics and just a small touch of Polychromos. Although the images were die cut, I did some fussy cutting on the tree to remove white areas between the leaves so that the beautiful sky could show through. I also cut apart one koala's legs and one koala's arms so it would look more like they are on the tree and holding the branch.


Materials used for this project:
MFT Cuddly Koalas stamps and dies
Ecoline liquid watercolor in Light Orange and Vermillion
Daniel Smith watercolor in Perylene Red
Prima Confections watercolors in Pistachio and Blueberry
Copic markers and Polychromos pencils:
Koalas - W0, W1, W3, W5, W7, Warm Grey V
Tree - YG00, YG03, YG17, E31, E35, E59, Van Dyck Brown, Walnut Brown
Hero Arts white embossing powder
Canson XL watercolor paper
Papertrey Ink True Black cardstock
Hammermill 80# and 100# cardstock

Comments