Tim Holtz Butterfly tag

I made this tag using a technique I saw on one of Tim's recent Youtube videos - adding embossing powder to texture paste. It doesn't look that exciting on a screen, but I decided to try it anyway using a layering stencil and gold powder and it's so beautiful in person! The raised texture and metallic gold really make a statement.

I'm really happy to have some of Tim's Small Talk quotes in stamp form so I could gold emboss one of those as well. To finish the tag, I added butterflies from Botanical Layers using foam tape.


I tried to capture the beautiful shine and texture with this angled shot:


Materials used:
Tim Holtz Tag Collection framelits
Tim Holtz Roses Layering Stencil THS075
Tim Holtz Mixed Media stamp and stencil set - Blossom & Polkadot
Tim Holtz Botanical Layers
Papertrey Ink Gold Filigree embossing powder
Black cardstock
Watercolor paper
Seam binding ribbon

Comments

  1. This is really stunning! I love that shimmery stencil work and those butterflies are my favorite. Just used them on a project last week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment