Sunflower Birthday Card

I made this card as a CASE of Melody's beautiful "Great Cover-Up" card on the Papertrey Ink Blog. I used my Notched Layer dies to create an outer frame, which I popped up with foam, and I colored the inside panel with watercolor inks. I love the way watercolors look with their unexpected blooms and flows.

I decided to put my sunflowers on stems and I popped up the flowers with foam as well. I lived a little dangerously by skipping my stamping platform for the sentiment and stamping it after the frame was already attached to the card base with foam... but it turned out okay!


Materials used for this project:

Ink to Paper Love to Layer: Notched dies
Papertrey Ink Simple Sunflower stamps and dies
Papertrey Ink Botanical Bounty dies (for the stems)
Papertrey Ink Initial Sentiments: Birthday stamp
Watercolor paints
Watercolor paper
Kraft cardstock

Comments