Papertrey Ink Hello card

I am enjoying the Papertrey Ink challenges because they are pushing me to try new things. For the latest "Great Cover-Up" challenge, we are asked to make a card using a border die with the negative pieces intact. I've never done this before since it seemed like a lot of work, and... yeah, it is a lot of work, haha. It probably would have been faster if I'd used tape and the same negative pieces as the outer frame, but I wanted more of a contrast on my card so I made a second die cut out of solid blue cardstock and used those negative pieces.


I watercolored the outer frame of the Papertrey Ink Bold Borders: Shine die and used a blue cardstock for the negative pieces. The butterflies are heat embossed in silver on vellum and I shaped the wings a little so they would curve up.

Materials used:
Papertrey Ink Bold Borders: Shine die
Papertrey Ink Butterfly Folk stamps and dies
Papertrey Ink Swoosh stamp
Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select vellum
Hero Arts silver heat embossing powder
Jane Davenport Mermaid watercolor markers

Comments

  1. This turned out great! Even using tape, this technique was a bit of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carmela! I'll have to try it again using tape... eventually, haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment