Love You "Stained Glass" card

For the latest Papertrey Ink challenge, I decided to use the Nifty Plaid stamp to create my stained glass look. Nifty Plaid is a great stamp with lots of squares and lines - perfect for heat embossing and watercoloring inside the lines.

I thought about how lots of stained glass windows have pictures and shapes within them, so I wanted to see if I could make a shape with Nifty Plaid. Happily, I found a heart shape in the stamp, so after heat embossing the stamp in gold, I watercolored the heart squares in pink and watercolored the rest of the squares in gold.


I originally planned to use a white card base but I wasn't thrilled with the look. Then I saw my black cardstock and I really loved how it created a striking contrast with the watercolors. To finish off the card, I die cut the word "Love" and stamped "YOU" in black. I also backed the watercolored panel with a foam sheet before mounting it onto the black base.

Materials used for this project:
Ink to Paper Nifty Plaid stamp
Papertrey Ink XOXO stamp and die
Papertrey Ink Perfect Match True Black cardstock
Papertrey Ink Gold Filigree Detail embossing powder
Daniel Smith Quinacridone Pink watercolor paint
Daniel Smith Quinacridone Gold watercolor paint

Comments