Funky Vintage Thank You card

I knew this card would be a bit funky as soon as I chose a bright purple splattered background for it, but I also wanted to use my favorite Papertrey Ink set, Simply Jane, which automatically lends a vintage vibe. I rather like the end combination of bright colors with the frilly frame and faint scripts and swirls.

I started off by making a background with some purple and fuchsia inks. I then die cut the panel into a notched rectangle and went to work on the next layer. For the oval frame, I used vellum and white heat embossing to help it stand out. The silhouettes are die cut from sprayed paper.

Once I put it all together (but before I added glue), I thought the background seemed a bit flat even though it had some textures from the splatters. I decided to add some stamping to the background to give it more interest. I stamped very loosely by holding the stamps in my hands (without using a block), partially pressing the stamp into the ink pad and then partially pushing it onto the paper. This makes the stamped images faded and uneven, which was the look I wanted.

Once I was happy with the images, I add the sentiment by heat embossing it in white.


Materials used for this project:
Papertrey Ink Simply Jane stamps and dies
Papertrey Ink Vintage Labels stamp
Ink to Paper Love to Layer: Notched die
Papertrey Ink Think Big Favorites #16 stamp

Comments