Teapot Specimen card

I’ve been wanting to make a specimen card for a couple of weeks now, ever since watching a YouTube video by Shanouki Art (she has great art journal videos, too). I had a sheet of Stamperia’s Alice Tea Time paper and thought it would be perfect for this project.

First, I cut out the teapot using scissors and an exacto knife. Then I glued it between two layers of some old acetate packaging I had on hand.

I made the outside frame using Tim Holtz’s smoosh and layer technique. I recently created a bunch of backgrounds this way and unfortunately don’t remember which colors I used on each one. A square die made cutting out the middle very easy. I rounded the corners and made a second, matching frame to attach to the back of the card.

To further decorate the frame, I used a Tim Holtz Butterfly Melange stamp on the top left corner, some stenciling on the top right with Tim Holtz Flourish, a flower from Tim Holtz Botanical Layers and a stamp from Papertrey Ink Simply Jane.

I really love how the card turned out and definitely want to try another specimen type card again soon!




Materials used for this project:
Stamperia Alice paper 
Tim Holtz Butterfly Melange stamp
Tim Holtz Flourish stencil
Papertrey Ink Simply Jane stamp
MFT Square die
Tim Holtz Botanical Layers
We R Memory Keepers 3-way corner rounder
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink pads in Victorian Velvet, Frayed Burlap, and others (sorry, can't remember)
Acetate

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Recycle (acetate from old packaging)
 

Comments

  1. I love your coffee creation! Great design!

    I’m hoping over from the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. Wonderful card design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment