Sunnier Days card

This card turned into a custom size measuring 3-1/4"x5" because I wanted a certain look using the supplies I have, and an A2 was too wide and a Tim Holtz standard tag was too long... I started by making the background with black and gray watercolor. Once it dried, I used the MFT Radiating Rays stencil to remove paint from the right side, and then I put some Fossilized Amber in those areas to give it the feel of sun rays bursting through gray storm clouds.

The Umbrella Man was made with the same black and gray watercolors, but I inked Black Soot Distress Oxide over the top to make the color even darker. Then I stamped two Tim Holtz stamps over the image. I also inked the edges of the card with some Black Soot.

I decided I wanted the sentiment in Fossilized Amber as well, but was worried it wouldn't show up well over the gray. I ended up stamping it about 5 times using my stamping platform, and decided to also emboss with clear embossing powder to make it stand out more. I'm very relieved that it turned out well!

(Edited March 29 at 7:24am - I added a better picture taken outside):





Materials used for this project:
Sizzix Tim Holtz Umbrella Man Bigz die
MFT Radiating Rays stencil
Tim Holtz Steampunk stamp CMS107
Tim Holtz Ladies and Gentlemen stamp CMS268
Simon Says Stamp Hello Sunshine stamp
Wow Embossing clear embossing powder
Distress Oxide ink pads in Black Soot and Fossilized Amber
Versafine Black Onyx ink pad
Ecoline liquid watercolors in Gray and Black

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card Catherine, I love the whole design of this! fabulous!! :-)

    Congratulations you have won the $25 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    Please email us.
    simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment