Spread Your Wings Butterfly Art Journal page

Here's another art journal page that didn't really come together until the end. I'm starting to think that's just how I like to do most of my art journaling!

I started off wanting something romantic, so I brayered blush pink acrylic paint onto the page, then added texture paste through a lace stencil and silver acrylic and watercolor paint on top. I then thought along the lines of letter writing and made a mini envelope with coordinating elements, but they didn't work well with the lace background. I considered using flowers or printing out some vintage photos, but eventually opted for a cage and butterflies

I added more texture to the bottom of the page with an old tea bag that I saved a few weeks ago. (The look on my husband's face that day was was priceless as I started cutting open the dried bag and emptying out the tea leaves, hahahaha.) I used gel medium to adhere it to the page, then added white gesso over it and finally some umber and silver watercolors. The sentiment is stamped with alphabet stamps.



Materials used for this project:
Finnabair Ornate Lace stencil
Ranger opaque matte texture paste
Decoart Blush Pink acrylic paint
Apple Barrel Pure Silver acrylic paint
Tim Holtz Tattered Florals dies (tree branch)
Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers Mini Cage
Tim Holtz Field Notes Ephemera
Spellbinders Vintage Mementos Die Cuts
Distress Oxide ink pad in Frayed Burlap
Watercolor paints in raw sienna and raw umber
Ecoline liquid watercolor in gray and black
Altenew Metallic Silver watercolor brush marker refill
Amercian Crafts brown textured cardstock
Alphabet stamps
Old tea bag
Gel medium
White gesso

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Comments

  1. Yum! That is so gorgeous texture there! I love that shade of pink and anything with butterflies is just wonderful in my opinion! Thanks again for sharing with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be 'some gorgeous texture'. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment