Rise and Grind Coffee tag

I wanted to make a grungy Coffee project and came up with this fun "Rise and Grind" tag using coffee and gears ("grind" referring to both the gears and coffee beans, get it? haha)

I recently made a bunch of backgrounds and this blue and brown one seemed perfect for my theme. I used a Tim Holtz tag die to cut it, but the background was a bit shorter than the tag die so I had to make my tag a bit shorter. I added a bit more interest to the background by stenciling some white acrylic paint in places.

I recently baked some Trader Joe's cornbread so I used the box to make my coffee cup! I then added some interest to the cup by stamping a bit of chain and clock imagery from a Stamperia mold. I added one Tim Holtz gear to the top of the cup and placed two underneath.

The sentiment was made from letters that I die cut and carefully glued into place. It took a lot longer than I expected to glue each thin letter!

I love how the tag came out and I love the "rise and grind" theme!

Here's the Trader Joe's cardboard before I die cut it, along with my tag background. 


Materials used for this project:
Tim Holtz Tag Collection framelits
Stampin Up Coffee Cafe die
Stamperia mold Clock & Mechanisms
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Linen THS061
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alphanumeric Label dies
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Gadget Gears
Jane Davenport Inkredible ink in Tinsel, Hot Cocoa and Mermaid Tail
Brea Reese liquid watercolor in Ultramarine Blue
White acrylic paint

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Recycle (used cardboard from a Trader Joe's box)

Comments

  1. Great textures on this beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag. Fun image , texture, embellishments and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great!! I love those gears fun design
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag and great way to recycle that box.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment