Happiness is... Coffee card

After watching the replay of Tim Holtz's latest YouTube video, I made this card using one of his embossing folders and sprays. I misted my paper before putting it in the folder and running it through my machine 3 times. I love the 3D dimensional effect! Then I went to town spraying the paper with various colors.

Once the paper dried, I felt like I needed something to punch it up and remembered Tim talking about his mica spray in the video. I don't have any mica sprays, but I do have a Finetec mica watercolor so I brushed some over the background with a wet watercolor brush, and it really transformed the look!

Look at all the pretty shimmer!


Since the background is so colorful and busy, I went with a simple coffee cup and sentiment, but I added interest by using splattered paper and vellum.

Materials used for this project:
Sizzix Tim Holtz Kaleidoscope 3D Texture Fades Embossing Folder
Stampin Up Coffee Cafe stamps and dies
Jane Davenport Inkredible inks in Mermaid Tail, Fresh Air and Hot Cocoa (put into misters)
Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy distress crayon
Finetec watercolor in Arabic Gold
Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select vellum
Stampin Up Early Espresso ink pad

Comments

  1. Wonderful card! I love the texture.

    I’m hoping over from the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Great colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that grungy 3-D background and that coffee mug with the sentiment is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the background for this creation.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background, this is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background with all that shimmer. Great coffee design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment