Explore Art Journal page


I started making this page after watching this Youtube tutorial by France Papillon. Her powdered pigment is much more intense than the ones I used though, so I didn't get much flowing color on my page.

I've been wanting to use my Stamperia Southern Ocean stencil, which was one of those "love at first sight" purchases. I stenciled the compass from onto the top right of the spread, then balanced it with a die cut globe on the bottom left.

The rest of the page is made with more stencils and stamps, and I watercolored the butterfly stamp.


Materials used for this project:
Stamperia Southern Ocean stencil
Sizzix Tim Holtz Destination die
Tim Holtz Perspective stamps THMM106
Tim Holtz Air Travel stencil THMM105
Tim Holtz Measured stencil THS012
Tim Holtz Butterfly Melange stamp
MFT Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX die
Vicky Boutin powdered pigment
Distress Oxide ink pads in Fossilized Amber, Mermaid Lagoon, Frayed Burlap and Blueprint Sketch
Stampin Up ink pad in Island Indigo
Ecoline liquid watercolor in Vermillion
Dandelion liquid watercolor in Deep Yellow
Heavy white gesso
White gesso
Gel medium

I am entering this project in the following challenges:



 

Comments