Coffee Time Tag

I made this tag today for the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop. After my last card with the gold mica watercolor, I decided to try making a bronze mica spray with Pearl Ex, gum arabic and water. I used it on a splattered background and it worked really well, adding a beautiful shimmer to the cardstock, but it is extremely hard to capture on camera!


You can sort of see the bronze in this close-up shot, but it is still hard to see how shimmery it is in person.


Once I cut the cardstock into a tag shape, I used the Funky Fossil Coffee Bean Heart stencil to add coffee beans to the top and bottom. The coffee cup was watercolored and adhered with foam squares, and the sentiment is a cork sticker from Prima Marketing.

Materials used for this project:
Funky Fossil Coffee Heart stencil
Tim Holtz Tag Collection framelits
Tim Holtz Coffee Time stamp and die
Pearl Ex Super Bronze (put into a mister with gum arabic and water)
Jane Davenport Inkredible in Mermaid Tail, Hot Chocolate and Tinsel
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink pad in Frayed Burlap
Watercolor paints
Stampin Up Early Espresso ink pad
Prima Marketing Coffee Time cork sticker


Comments

  1. Nice coffee tag. Great colors and texture. Fun cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Tim Holtz creation. Your coffee cup tha has wonderful texture, arrangement and more. Met Tim Holtz and enjoyed taking 2 classes he taught.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your coffee creation! Great texture and colors.

    I’m hoping over from the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool and grungy tag! Love that background!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment