Bundle of Joy Baby card

I haven't made a baby card in such a long time that I wanted to do one for the latest Papertrey Ink Great Cover-Up challenge. I love the light pink-pink-violet color combination that is perfect for girly cards.

I made the background with the Border Bling: Tin Stitch die (one of my favorites!), then blended Distress Oxides in Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet over the paper.

I added another layer on top with the Notched die, then a cute scalloped heart inked with Spun Sugar on top of that. I wanted the heart to have a bit of visual interest, so I stamped Lace Bouquet over it in Antique Linen. It came out a bit lighter than I wanted, but that's okay because I was worried about it being too dark and distracting.

The adorable bear from Baby Button Bits is inked with Frayed Burlap and die cut, and the sentiment has a little wood flower that I found in my craft stash.



Materials used for this project:
Ink to Paper Border Bling: Tin Stitch die
Ink to Paper Love to Layer: Notched die
Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers Heart die
Papertrey Ink Baby Button Bits stamps and die
Papertrey Ink Lace Bouquet stamp
Distress Oxide ink pads in Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen
Copic marker V12

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Papertrey Ink / Ink to Paper Great Cover-Up Challenge - Blended Background

Comments