Art Journal Cardinal page

This art journal page came together pretty quickly, which is why I chose the saying on the page - there weren't many steps and it was fairly simple to do.

First, I brayered some brown and ivory acrylic paint onto the page to give it a vintage colored background. Then I glued down tissue papers with sheet music and writing, and added gesso on top. (For the sheet music, I used one of my husband's old Mozart piano pieces and printed it onto the tissue paper.)

The cardinal and greenery came from a napkin. I tore out the areas I wanted and glued them on top. Finally, I added the words and frame with stamps.


Materials used for this project:
Printed paper napkin (cardinal and greenery)
Brown and ivory acrylic paint
Brayer
White tissue paper
MFT Romantic Script stamp
Sheet music
Heavy white gesso
Gel medium
Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #2 stamp
Tim Holtz Perspective Butterfly THMM106
Dylusions journal

Comments

  1. Wonderful art journal page creation with vintage feel and Christmas elements that go together. Thought the Cardinal was stamped and amazed at that it was from a napkin.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment