Vintage Textured Tag

This tag has lots of elements that I love, including a vintage vibe, vellum and lots of feminine details.

First, I'm embarrassed to say that I've never watched a Tim Holtz video until recently (his Steampunk Valentine was super cool - I learned so many new techniques)! This morning, I watched his video on the Sizzix Shaping Kit and he talked about layering backgrounds with Distress inks. I immediately tried making a few tag backgrounds and this is one of them!

To start, I cut the tag out of watercolor paper. Then I made the background by smooshing Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen Distress Oxides ink pads onto plastic, misting them and pressing the tag into the puddle. I really like the splotches and layers that come from doing multiple layers and allowing each layer to dry.

The tag also has two Stamperia stencils - one done with brown ink and one with white texture paste for added dimension. Then I cut out a scalloped oval from vellum and heat embossed white script on top. For a final layer of texture, I used a key made from a Stamperia mold that I painted with black gesso, gold paint and bronze patina paste. The sentiment is a Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker.


Materials used for this project:
Tim Holtz Tag Framelits
Stamperia Stencil Stave
Stamperia Stencil Decorations and Corners
Stamperia Soft Mold A5 Clocks and Keys
MFT Romantic Script stamp
MFT Scalloped Oval die
Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers
Distress Oxide ink pads in Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet
Stampin Up ink pad in Soft Suede
Finnabair Opal Magic acrylic paint blue-gold
Finnabair Patina Effect paste bronze
Black gesso
Gel medium
Crayola Model Magic
Lace ribbon

I am entering this project in the following challenges:


Comments

  1. Oooh, so pretty and feminine! I love the script and delicate patterns on your tag! And your key looks fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your tag with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delicate and beautiful tag Catherine. It's always fun to learn new things and you put your new found knowledge to good use here. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty tag. Lovely soft colours and delicate textures.
    Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lots of elements and details. Great tag. Thank you for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment