Vintage Hello card

I made this card to resemble bits and pieces of a sewing room. I don’t have a sewing or craft room myself (my sewing machine is on a table in the basement and my papercrafts are in random drawers near the kitchen), but I’d love to have one someday!

I stuck to a neutral palette of ivories and browns, and started with a background made to resemble old wallpaper. I used watercolor paper and smooshed it into wet Distress Oxide inks with repeated layers to create random areas and splatters. Then I embossed the paper using the Stampin Up Vintage Wallpaper folder.

I really wanted to incorporate fabric into the card and found some burlap in my stash. Then I added a torn piece of paper with a sewing pattern on it, and stamped a sentiment.

The final touch uses one of my favorite techniques, die cutting, to make the dress form in dark brown cardstock so it stands out from the rest of the ivories and browns on the card. I attached it with foam squares (though the foam doesn't want to stick to the burlap very well)!



Materials used for this project:
Stampin Up Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder
Simon Says Stamp Square Sayings
Sizzix Movers & Shapers Mini Sewing Room
Distress Oxide ink pads in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo
American Crafts textured cardstock

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge - Anything Goes

Comments

  1. Beautiful card with so much texture and vintage goodness to it! I love your inky embossed background with all the sewing themed layers! So perfect for our Mostly Neutrals challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Catherine. That embossed background works so well with the elements on top. Thank you for sharing them with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment