Sweet 16 birthday card

Today I have a Sweet 16 birthday card featuring products from Papertrey Ink / Ink to Paper.

To start, I created a "sky" background by stamping Distress Oxides onto an acrylic block. I then spritzed the block with water and smooshed the watercolor paper into the puddle.

For added interest, I stamped a smaller panel with Nifty Plaid and cut it with a die from Love to Layer: Notched. I added flowers from Botanical Bounty that I stamped in different shades of purple. The flower tops were die cut while the stems were stamped directly onto the notched panel.

The sentiment was tricky since I don't have any number stamps or dies, but after going through my PTI stash, I found a solution! I ended up masking stamps from Journal Accessories and Baby Button Bits to make the 1 and 6! The "sweet" stamp is from the versatile Strawberry Patch Sentiments.


I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Comments