Butterflies and Lace card

I made this card today with the goal of using only neutral colors, which turned out to be quite a challenge. I knew I wanted to use patterns and textures so that the card would be neutral yet still interesting, but it took me many tries to decide what I wanted on my card.


I started off using a cover die for the base panel to give a stitched pattern to the background. I then added a large circle on top - to give more interest, I distress the edges of the circle and used one of my favorite techniques, stenciling, to add patterns to the circle.

The butterfly is two layers - the bottom was die cut from a Tim Holtz paper pad and the smaller top is cut out of vellum. I still wanted more textures, so I added a piece of lace at the bottom, then twine on top with a sentiment heat embossed in white.

Materials used for this project:
Ink to Paper Border Bling: Tin Stich die
Tim Holtz stencil THS076
Stamperia stencil KSG409
Tim Holtz Memoranda paper pad
Stampin Up Bold Butterfly framelits
Altenew Sentiment Strips
Distress Oxide ink pads in Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Frayed Burlap
Hero Arts white embossing powder
Vellum
Lace ribbon
Twine

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Comments

  1. You have really achieved your goals of using texture and pattern to add interest to your mostly neutral card! I love that butterfly and the pop of clean white of your embossed sentiment is the icing on the cake! Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine this is such a cleverly designed card with so much texture that makes it seem so dimensional. Thank you for sharing them with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment