"Be Your Beautiful Self" Tag

I made this tag for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Resist It using a variety of Ranger and other products. I knew I wanted to use the Tim Holtz Distress micro glaze for my resist since I haven't play with it much yet.

I started by cutting a tag out of watercolor paper and stenciling the circles with Distress Oxide Fossilized Amber. Then I went back with the stencil and applied micro glaze on top of the circles.

I love using teal/turquoise on my mixed media projects, so I added those colors as a gradient wash to the background. It was cool watching the micro glaze do its job and resist the ink!

I couldn't decide what image to use on the tag, but finally chose one from the Dina Wakley Collage Collective. I added a bit of extra color to the skin and hair using water soluble oil pastels. The sentiment is from Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers.

For finishing touches, I inked the edges of the tag to give it a worn look and added twine to the top!



 

Materials used for this project:
Tim Holtz Tag die
Dylusions Stencil It stencil
Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers
Tim Holtz Distress micro glaze
Distress Oxide in Fossilized Amber, Antique Linen and Vintage Photo
Jane Davenport Inkredible Ink in Mermaid Tail and Hydrangea
Prima Marketing Rustic water soluble oil pastels
Dina Wakley Collage Collective
Watercolor paper
Twine

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Comments