Artist Trading Card (ATC) Butterfly


I made my first artist trading card today! I came across an ATC tutorial that used cardboard as the background, and I thought the exposed corrugated texture was so cool. (Unfortunately, I can't find the tutorial again to link to it). I was also drawn to the ATC size because it seems perfect for some of my smaller ephemera.

When I tore a flap of cardboard off a box, a corrugated section opened nicely on its own. I cut the piece down to ATC size (2.5"x3.5"), then covered the surface with heavy white gesso. Next, I added Tim Holtz Floral collage paper to the smooth section. Of course, I couldn’t resist adding one of my favorite stamps, MFT Romantic Script, which I heat embossed in gold.

I splattered some watered down glue onto the card for a bit of a resist effect. Once that dried, I added turquoise watercolor paint over the entire card. The resulting background was a bit too bright, so I toned it down with white gesso.

The lace at the bottom of the card comes from one of my kids' craft kits and the butterfly and sentiment are from Tim Holtz.

Materials used for this project:
MFT Romantic Script stamp
Tim Holtz Collage Paper - Floral
Tim Holtz Field Notes Ephemera
Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers
Heavy white gesso
White gesso
Gel medium
Daniel Smith watercolors in Phthalo Green Blue Shade and Phthalo Blue Green Shade
Distress Oxide ink pads in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo
Whipple Sugar Lace Princess silicone mold

I am entering this project in the following challenges:



Comments

  1. Beautiful ATC. Thanks for sharing with us at Love To Craft Challenge.
    Hope to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Mifta.
    Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
    DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
    DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
    DT ~ Make the Cards Challenge
    DT ~ Love To Scrap Challenge
    DT ~ Love To Craft Challenge
    DT ~ Mix It Up Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning project! I love the mixed media background especially those touches of gold script! Script always bears repeating! Thanks again for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment