Affirmations - Art Journal page

I'm in an art journal group and for the month of February, we are focusing on positive affirmations. I think this is a great idea, especially now that we are 11 months into this pandemic and still going... Life has been challenging, and though I'm fortunate that my three kids have taken all the changes in stride, the extra responsibility and stress have really taken a toll. I have to remind myself daily that I am doing my best.


For my affirmations page, I used the Altenew Honeycomb stencil for the background and stenciled with gel medium, which then created a resist when I added watercolor paint on top. I added extra emphasis to the hexagon shapes with a Polychromos pencil.

I stamped flowers from the Altenew Painted Flowers stamp and colored them in with watercolor pens. I die cut letters using the Altenew Fine Alphabet set and the affirmations are from the Altenew Sentiment Strips stamp set.


 



Comments

Post a Comment