Acetate tag with alcohol inks

I finally tracked down some reasonably priced 91% rubbing alcohol the other day (after looking since last May!), and my very first Bigz die arrived today, so I sat down and made this tag.

The tag is actually made of two layers - the top layer with the alcohol inks is acetate and the bottom layer is a cream cardstock. The alcohol inks were fun to use. I only own one of Tim Holtz's sets, but I foresee a few more in my future, and I'd love to try the metallic mixatives or alloys.

Die cutting is one of my favorite techniques but I've never used a Bigz die until today. I'm really glad my machine can use the Bigz dies so I have even more options! For the umbrella man, I used black liquid watercolor and salt on watercolor paper. The sentiment is from Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers and the ribbon is ivory seam binding that I lightly colored with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide.



Materials used for this project:
Tim Holtz Tag Collection framelits
Sizzix Bigz die - Umbrella Man
Tim Holtz alcohol ink set - mariner
Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers
Distress Oxide ink pad - Blueprint Sketch
Ecoline black liquid watercolor
Canson XL watercolor paper
91% isopropyl alcohol
Salt
Acetate
Cream cardstock
Seam binding ribbon

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Favorite Technique (die cutting)

Comments