Snowflake Art Journal page

It's fun playing with new techniques, and being new to art journaling, there are tons of techniques for me to explore! Today, I used a printed napkin for the first time. It's pretty easy to do - just carefully peel apart all the napkin layers and glue down only the top layer!

The napkin I used was blue with a snowflake design, and I put it in the center of my page. I then painted the rest of the page in a blue color to make it look seamless. I added white gesso all over to tone down the blue, then added white tissue paper that I inked with a Cuttlebug Swirl embossing folder.

I added more snowflakes on top that were die cut from the MFT Stylish Snowflakes set. For added interest, I die cut some of the snowflakes using an old book page.

My finishing touches were adding some dots of silver acrylic paint with a q-tip (also a new technique for me), adding a few splatters of Dr. Ph Martin's silver calligraphy ink for shimmer, and adding some gray ink along the edges of the page for a slightly worn look.


Snowflake art journal page


Here's the napkin that I used:

Napkin for art journal

Materials used for this project:
Dylusions journal
Snowflake napkin
White tissue paper
Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder
MFT Stylish Snowflakes dies
Old book page ("The Odyssey" by Homer)
Silver acrylic paint
Dr Ph Martin's Iridescent Calligraphy Color in silver
Stampin Up ink in Smoky Slate and Basic Gray
White gesso
Gel medium

I am entering this page into the following challenges:
Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge - So Delicate
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make Your O
Simon Says Stamp Instagram Challenge - Something New (used new techniques) 

Comments

  1. This is so delicate with those very lacy snowflakes. I love the ones cut from the old book paper. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment