Regency era card

This card is inspired by my love of all things Jane Austen. I'm a bit of a hoarder and have owned two pads of DCWV Dear Jane paper for awhile and only used one sheet... but one of my new year's resolutions is not be so precious with my stuff!


Regency era Jane Austen mixed media card

For this card, I tore pieces from 3 different Dear Jane sheets for the background, and also used pieces of Tim Holtz collage paper, stamped tissue paper and a scrap of lace. I covered everything with white gesso and outlined some of the scrap edges with Distress Crayons.

I love adding texture with a stencil and I used my new Tim Holtz Ornate layering stencil for this card. I added some color to the texture paste with watercolor paints.

The rose in a gold frame is from the Dear Jane stack and the sentiment is from the My Favorite Things All Heart set.

 

Here's the background before I added the rose and sentiment.

I used the following materials for the card:
Bristol smooth paper
DCWV Dear Jane paper stack
Tim Holtz collage paper - document
White tissue paper
My Favorite Things Romantic Script stamp
My Favorite Things All Heart stamp
Tim Holtz Ornate layering stencil
Tim Holtz Distress crayons
Daniel Smith watercolor in burnt sienna
Holbein watercolor in raw umber
Lace scrap
White gesso
Gel medium

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Instagram Challenge - Something New (used a new Tim Holtz stencil) 




Comments

  1. Lovely soft and feminine card! The texture is beautiful! Thanks for playing along in the So Delicate Challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment