Mixed Media Butterfly Card


I recently picked up a pretty Spellbinders frame and some new Tim Holtz stickers, and I've been trying to figure out how to use them on a project - today, I was able to use both!


To make the card, I started with a new Stamperia stencil "Watches and Numbers," along with texture paste to create the background. Once the texture paste dried, I washed the background with a new technique - walnut ink! I wanted to make the raised areas stand out more, so I used the stencil again, this time with dark brown ink.

The rest of the card came together easily. I distressed the card edges a bit with a craft knife. The butterfly is stamped and die cut, and the frame and sentiment were already cut.

Materials used for this project:
Canson XL watercolor paper
Stamperia stencil - Watches and Numbers
Texture paste
Walnut Ink
Spellbinders Victorian accent (frame)
Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers
Stampin Up Watercolor Wings stamps and die
Stampin Up ink pads

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Instagram Challenge - Something New (new supplies)

 

Comments