"Galaxy Girl" Art Journal spread

 

There are a few things I just absolutely adore and galaxy backgrounds are one of them!


I love art journal pages with faces but I'm not a sketcher, so I used face stencils which are perfect!

After putting white gesso on the page, I started off the galaxy background with my Vicky Boutin powder paints, a piece of plastic packaging and the "kissing" technique. The colors weren't coming out as vibrant as I wanted, and there were too many gaps in the background, so I added purple and turquoise watercolors from my Prima Confections pans with a brush.

Once the background was dry, I used the Jane Davenport Foundation Layer set and a Uniball Signo silver pen to draw the face. I freehanded the hair on the right side to flow across the two pages.



I drew in extra stars and dots on the background but wanted even more "stars", so I also splattered some Dr. Ph Martin's silver ink across the background using a toothbrush.

I finished it all off with a quote by Emily Dickinson.

Materials used:
Dylusions journal
Jane Davenport Foundation Layer set
Vicky Boutin Wildflower & Honey dry powder paint pigments
Prima Watercolor Confections: The Classics
Uniball Signo pen in silver
Dr. Ph Martin's Iridescent Calligraphy Color in silver 
White gesso
Gel medium
Words printed from my computer in Veteran Typewriter font

I am entering this into the following challenges:



Comments