Art Journal Moon Page

Here's a new art journal page I made last night. I happened upon it quite randomly - I decided to try making handmade paper from scraps yesterday morning, and the only materials I had to make a paper screen were a plastic embroidery hoop and tulle. As my paper was drying, I considered ways to incorporate it into my art journal... and realized the paper looked like a moon!


I used a tutorial by Let's Make Art as inspiration for the theme, and a picture from @soshacreates as inspiration for the silver lines.



Here's a picture of some of the handmade paper circles! My older kids joined in the fun too.

Materials used for the page:
Dylusions journal
White gesso
Gel medium
Daniel Smith watercolors in Moonglow, Quinacridone Rose and Buff Titanium
Silver Uniball Signo pen
Paper scraps
Words printed from my computer (Champagne & Limousines font)


 

Comments

  1. How cool that you made your own paper! And necessity is certainly the mother of invention here, as you ended up using a hoop and tulle as a screen! What a great choice of words on your lovely AJ page for our Good Word challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment