A Sweet Art Journal spread

Whew, first blog post is done!

Here's my second project - my first two-page art journal spread! This took forever to do but I love how it turned out. I used tons of stuff including (my favorite) My Favorite Things Romantic Script background stamp, Altenew Hexagon stencil, a Paper Pumpkin rose stamp I really loved when it came out last April but haven’t used until now, and a Papertrey Ink stitches stamp that’s been sitting unused for two years!

The quote is from Laura Ingalls Wilder.


I love the fun texture on the hexagons! I used quinicridone gold watercolor paint to give a "honey" color to the hexagons.



I also used some Distress crayons, Distress Oxides, Tim Holtz collage paper, and I inked an embossing folder onto tissue paper for part of the spread.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge - Put a Good Word In

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Layer It Up

I also linked this project in my Instagram to the Simon Says Stamp Instagram challenge - Something New.

Comments

  1. What a great AJ spread! I love the honeycomb background with the flowers--so perfect for that bold bee! Your chosen words are indeed uplifting and we're so happy you shared them with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Catherine and such a well balanced design, which is tricky to do across two pages. Thank you for joining us with it at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment